Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Final Fantasy XIV, part 16 (The Winds of Winter)

 

The winds of winter blow cold, and once more I return to Eorzea. What’s changed?

Flying mounts work in A Realm Reborn now, which is dope. It’s a whole new world to explore.

The Owlbears bought a Guild Hall or whatever you call it, a Free Company mansion, and they also bought a submarine and an airship, because of course they did

I apparently had 1.8 million gil just hangin’ out in the bank. My retainers did good at the auction house while I was gone!

Not gonna lie, logging in Limsa Lomisa after taking six months off was like logging in again for the first time. I couldn’t parse anything. Absolute chaos. But at least I’m a 65th level Warrior now. I don’t have to kill six Ladybugs or whatever before I can “axe attack,” I can slap my keyboard like I’m playing the bongos and watch as my enemies melt.

 Picking up where I left off, the Main Story Quest had me playing tag with a cute little kobold, which was silly and light hearted and had me thinking, “Oh, ok, this isn’t so complex.” And then the game said, “Now, go fight Titan on Hard,” which, wow, that’s a rough way to come back. Oh, and on top of that, the cute game of kobold hide-and-seek led to a gut-wrenching, heart-breaking story about the agony of grief that I simply did not see coming. 




I mean, it was a very good story, but when you’re expecting a sip of citrus soda and you get a mouthful of dark lager instead, it causes something of an adverse reaction. 

So, I decided I already need a break from the Main Story Quest and spent the rest of the session decorating my house. The group’s down to Aericka, Glock, Truffle, and Worfina; everyone was on but Truffle, so naturally, we spent about half-an-hour fucking around with the group pose features. Oh, yeah: 

● Screenshots didn’t just get an update, they got cosmetic surgery and an inheritance check.

 This is so dumb, I fucking love it.



That Vanu Vanu is Glock, who is a legend on Goblin now. He's kept busy. Level 80 across the board in all crafting classes, which blows my mind.  Once I finish leveling up Interior Decorator to 80, I'm gonna hafta try Carpentry again. I mean, I think I started off at 70: Look at this phenomenal interior:


C'est chique. GoD dAmN I <3 FiNaL FaNtAsY hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment